Why choose older women dating site
Read more about reasons to date an older woman here.
After going out on 100 first dates in 2 years, Lisa Shield found the love of her life online. Her success led her to become one of the first dating coaches in the world and she continues to be one of the most sought after. Lisa has helped thousands of singles find love through her unique Naked Dating® process. Sandy Weiner, founder of Last First Date, is devoted to helping women over 40 achieve healthy, off-the-charts love. An internationally known TEDx speaker, dating coach, and online course creator, Sandy has contributed hundreds of articles to large publications including Mind Body Green, The Huffington Post, Psychology Today, and The Good Men Project.
For all these reasons, a man in his 20s or 30s may decide that dating an older woman is just what dating older women he needs. My first emotion was confusion. Then, almost immediately, I was peeved. The “pet” kind.
The same goes for any particularly close friends or family members. As an older woman dating, it’s likely that you’ll encounter people who have been divorced, lost a partner, suffered long-term illness, and/or have grown-up children – and you yourself may fall into the same categories.
If you’re divorced or widowed, you might worry that your children will view any new relationship as a betrayal. Whatever your children think (and the chances are they’ll be on board!) it’s important to be honest with them early on in the process.
- “I got more of a reaction from men than women. The men my age and older were jealous that I was with her. They would look at me as if I had something they wanted and didn’t have and, because I was younger, they reacted more strongly. And women my age disapproved of the relationship.
- One man who prefers to date older women describes some of the experiences he had during his “young woman trial period” as including “trying to have meaningful conversation over blaring music at a dance club.” His more serious complaints about dating young women included having to deal with immature behavior and head games.
- My dear friend went on to write that young men should purposefully seek a romantic relationship with an older woman because that’s how they will learn to be a “good man.” Not only that, but older women should make an effort to date younger men because it’s our responsibility to teach them how to be respectful of the opposite sex.
- They’re women with a few more years and a little more experience under their belts, but they shouldn’t be looked at as if they’re disposable grannies in need of getting their “groove back.” Some of us haven’t lost it.
You might still be establishing your career, living in shared accommodation, or saving up to go travelling. She, on the other hand, may already be settled, financially secure, maybe even a mother. This doesn’t apply to everyone, of course. But, if you are living a different lifestyle to the person you’re dating, it will likely lead to conflict. Try to establish what you’re both looking for from the relationship in the early days, so you can be sure you want the same things.
In vitro fertilization by donor eggs and other reproductive methods have greatly changed the fertility prognosis for older women. Pregnancy at ages once reserved for “miracles” is now a medical possibility. “It’s easier to have a relationship with an older woman, because she knows how to communicate what she wants. It has a snowball effect all the way around. “Also, they are much more experienced with life. You know this is the kind of person who’s going to tell you exactly what they want and they are more sure of themselves than the people my age or younger. Older women are much more well rounded—they know what they feel and why they feel it.
Plus, there are plenty of self-described cougars who find being with a younger man very alluring, which is only going to add to the spark between you too. A quick click through any reputable search engine and you’ll find tons of articles talking about the perks of dating an older woman.
You may feel like you need a complete personality makeover to have a successful relationship with an older woman. However, if you change too much, then the woman will lose sight of the man she was attracted to, at first. Though you may work on gaining experience, becoming more mature, and holding your own in the relationship, you shouldn’t change yourself so completely that the older woman doesn’t even recognize the guy who asked her out. You don’t want to accidentally insult the woman you’re dating; unless she brings it up, try not to draw too much attention to her age. Mature women have a better understanding of life.
37. Don’t play games with modern technology when dating older women
Remember that while an older woman has had many unique life experiences that she can share with you, she also may be a little attached to the way she does things. My best tip for dating older women is to take charge and become a leader. There’s always that slight intimidation factor in the back of your mind as a younger man trying to woo an older, attractive woman. And older, attractive women can sense guys who are confident in themselves from a mile away.