Exactly about Assistant Director – Loans and Work-Study
School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports towards the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include listed here practical devices: workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, educational funding and Scholarships, Student Ideas Systems as well as the Office of this University Registrar.
The University of Kansas Office of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) acts students, families, as well as the community by giving federal, state, and institutional school funding information and resources to help pupils in achieving their academic goals. FAS is devoted to supplying quality monetary help solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability when you look at the administration of general public, institutional, and private school funding funds. Services are made to offer the academic objectives of this student that is individual the objectives of this college because they relate solely to retention and graduation.
This place is crucial in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These duties need strong social abilities, awareness of information and also the capacity to make use of a diverse pupil population, in addition to an aptitude for administering educational funding programs to make sure conformity along with Federal Title IV payday loans near me laws. The employees user in this place must effortlessly administer aid that is financial in help of y our objective to make sure access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job definition 40% Coordination of all of the Loan Programs
- Must maintain knowledge that is strong of loan laws to make certain conformity and defenses for the University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus partners.
- Oversees the day-to-day processing of Direct Loans and personal loans.
- Makes sure conformity by reviewing loan that is daily/weekly to examine and resolve pupil degree problems surrounding yearly and aggregate loan limitations, NSLDS checklists, as well as other eligibility problems.
- Executes month-to-month reconciliation of Direct Loan programs along with scholar Ideas Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for personal and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help properly.
- Develops and keeps procedure and policy documents pertaining to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes suggestions for increased efficiency.
40% Work Study and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) system and Kansas profession Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and prizes correctly.
- Monitors the FWS investment student and balance profits, including using the DEMIS portal together with Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenses.
- Corresponds because of the Shared provider Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, possible increases in prizes, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus lovers.
- In charge of keeping up-to-date with federal laws pertaining to FWS and developing/updating policies that are annual procedures.
- Functions as the liaison to your University profession Center into the management of this Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Global Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables Glacier that is regarding paperwork and places/releases holds on reports.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal TRAIN grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil records into the Origination that is common and system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related aid that is financial, and reacts fully to escalated inquiries, such as the application and awarding process, budgeting and also the securing of resources to meet up with costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, present pupils, parents, campus peers among others regarding school funding programs and extra money has to go to, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach tasks ( e.g. FAFSA completion, twelfth grade activities) to guide recruitment tasks together with KU Admissions office, and also other educational funding activities on campus for present pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 yrs experience that is relevant Master’s degree at time of visit.
- Experience involved in school funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising part of advanced schooling.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including experience with information question and analytics.
- Exemplary interaction skills as evidenced by the program materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting regulations that are federal developing/implementing programs to comply with those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution abilities, including using the services of a diverse populace.
- Demonstrated skill and experience in problem-solving for many different circumstances.